Almost everything you want to know is available on the internet, just a click away. And when it comes to finding all things Black-Owned, hiihat is your answer.
From questions about your finances, to what’s happening in the news from Black-Owned media platforms, or trying to find the best Black-Owned restaurants, or Black doctors, in your city, we have got you covered.
Hiihat is NOW AVAILABLE as a Google Chrome extension and for your mobile device’s home screen to make it even easier to discover Black-Owned in one click. Take a look at how to download the Google Chrome extension below.
1. Launch your computer’s browser.
2. Go to www.hiihat.com and on the homepage, you will see the image below.
3. Click “Install on Chrome”. This will take you to the Google Chrome web store to download Hiihat as an extension to your Chrome browser.
4. Click “Add to Chrome” and follow any instructions to download the extension.
5. After download is complete, the extension can be found at the top right part of your browser. Click the blue globe and start searching all things Black-owned right away!
Finding all things Black-Owned on mobile devices aren’t left out either! Forget downloading another app. You can add hiihat to your Android or Apple iPhone/iPad home screen by following the steps below:
- Launch the Chrome app. *Please note that this does not work from the device’s native web browser app.
- Open the website or web page you want to pin to your home screen.
- Tap the menu icon (3 dots in the upper right-hand corner) and tap Add to Home Screen.
- Label the shortcut hiihat search, black-owned search, or something like it. Android will add it to your home screen.
- Launch Safari app. *Please note that this does not work from the mobile phone Google Chrome app.
- Enter the URL into the address field of the website you want to create a shortcut to. Tap Go.
- Tap the icon featuring a right-pointing arrow coming out of a box along the top of the Safari window to open a drop-down menu.
- Tap Add to Home Screen. The “Add to Home” dialog box will appear, with the icon that will be used for this website on the left side of the dialog box.
- Label the shortcut hiihat search, black-owned search, or something like it using the on-screen keyboard and tap Add. Safari will close automatically, and you will be taken to where the icon is located on your iPad’s desktop.
That’s it! Now you can enjoy quick access when you need to search for all things Black at any time, hassle-free.